Tucker is doing a great job sleeping at night. He's only had a couple nights since he was born where he was awake at night. He makes little noises when he's hungry and I get up and feed him and then he goes right back to sleep. Even if he's awake when we lay him down he lays there quietly until he falls asleep. The last 2 nights he's slept 7 1/2 hrs straight before waking up to eat. He then eats almost every hour and a half during the day to catch up, but we don't mind! However, he HATES naps. He fights it and fights it during the day, even when he's super tired. I think he got he fighting from me (Dad (Grandpa) says I used to fight it for hours!) and the not sleeping during the day from his Daddy. Doyle has such a hard time sleeping when it's light out. He said when his parents used to lay him down for a nap, he'd pull a book out from under his bed and then read until he heard them coming to get him up. Then he'd hide the book back under his bed and pretend like he was asleep! I don't really mind that he doesn't take too many naps as long as he keeps sleeping great at night. We've been having some rough evenings lately. He acts really hungry and eats for a few minutes and then starts screaming. Even though he acts hungry, he won't eat. I talked to our nurse and one of the lactation consultants at the hospital and we're all wondering if it's colic. It's a little late to be starting that, but if that's what it is, hopefully it will end as quickly as it started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment