Sunday, December 6, 2009

Welcome Home Baby!

We got to leave for home on Friday around 6 in the evening. They try and keep you at least 48 hours if you've had a surgery, but most stay 72. Griffin was doing great and I was feeling good so they let us go a little early. Here are the three of us in front of the fountain at the hospital right as we're leaving. Like Tucker, Griffin is way too small for his car seat! It looks so uncomfortable, but we're sure he's safe.
When we walked in the door, Tucker gave me a big hug and sat on my lap for a while. Then he noticed Griffin! He went over and looked and looked at him in the carseat and smiled such a big smile! He kept squatting down and looking at Griffin and finally looked at me and said "Cool baby, mommy!" The best reaction I could have ever imagined!









Tucker wanted to hold Griffin and hug him and kiss him. His favorite thing to do is rub Griffin's hair.












Tucker took pictures of Griffin with mommy's camera, grammy's camera and then ran and got his own camera! So far he's been really great with him. He says "baby wants to play cars" and is working hard on saying "Griffin" and not just baby all the time. At least once a day we hear "cool baby" and our hearts melt all over again!






2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

so sweet! I'm so glad Tucker's reaction was so positive!

Kelly Cook said...

AWESOME! I am so excited for you guys. Tucker could not be a better brother alredy! The pictures of them together make me cry. I miss you guys so much. YOU are FANTASTIC parents hooray!