Monday, November 16, 2009

Handy Halloween



This summer I found a tool box at a garage sale and decided that Tucker would be Handy Manny for Halloween. I am not into store bought costumes, although we did use one last year (and he was the cutest little lion ever!) I'm sure you can buy a Manny costume, but I wanted to just buy the pieces and assemble it myself. I found a plain red hat and covered the front panel with a white handkerchief, taped a pencil to the hat, bought 2 different green shirts to layer, cut up some yellow rubber gloves, made a yellow duct tape tool belt (they don't make any small enough for a tiny 2 year old), and stuck googly eyes on his tools. He looked perfect! Daddy dressed up as Abuelito and I dressed up as Kelly. Abuelito was pretty spot on, but I just looked like myself with a tool belt!






























Papa and Nana were at a Hawkeye football game earlier in the day and stopped by to see Tucker in his costume. We went trick-or-treating at the mall first. I was afraid he'd get the first piece of candy and want to stop and eat it, but he kept walking and collecting!





















































After the mall, we went around a couple blocks in our neighborhood. Tucker had so much fun and said "Trick or Treat" and "thank you" at every house!



The best pictures of Manny, Abuelito and Kelly, from the cartoon, I can find online!










No comments: