This was started on Facebook and I decided I should really blog it too! Something I'm thankful for every day of November!
Day 1 - I'm thankful that my kids are *fairly* healthy. Yes, they both have "reactive airway disease" but it could be much worse and theirs is manageable.
Day 2 - I'm thankful for my health. After a horrible migraine last night, I'm so happy I don't have to be in that much pain very often.
Day 3 - I am thankful for my husband. More specifically that he is the hardest worker I know, he is the sole provider for 4 people and still helps out with anything I need when he gets home.
Day 4 - I'm thankful for Tucker, my big 4 year old. He is the friendliest person I know, he will talk to everyone he sees and really brightens their day. He is super smart, sometimes a little too smart! He's adorable with the long "Avise eyelashes" and his expressive eyes. He's obsessed with cars, only wants to eat food with cheese in it, loves video games, plays race with Daddy, plays everything with Griffin, and even snuggles with Mommy!
Day 5 - My almost 2 year old, Griffin. He is finally starting to talk for himself. He too has the long Avise eyelashes and is stinkin' adorable. He is a jokster and loves making people laugh. He loves cars and trains and anything Tucker loves. He pulls Daddy to play trains and gives lots of kisses to Mommy!
Day 6 - Thankful for God who loves me and everyone else, no matter what.
Day 7 - My Grandma: She's all about making/keeping the peace, she never judges but loves everyone, she stands up for her beliefs, she's slow to anger, quick to laugh. She has an ornery streak, is always willing to play, went kayaking in Alaska at 80, is the matriarch to this loud, crazy family and sometimes is the loudest and craziest of all. Keep blowing straw wrappers and saying "shoot" (even though Grandpa couldn't hear a bang)!! Love you Grandma
Day 8 - My Dad, who has always been there for me. From watching countless sporting events, to picking me up after my first year of college when I was too sick to drive, to driving to Colorado to take a load of our stuff when we moved back. He's taught me that a family is always there to help each other out when someone needs it. Love you Poppo!
Day 9 - I'm thankful for a 2 car garage, really! (sorry, had to take a break from the family to get that one in today!)
Day 10 - I'm thankful for my mom. She loved her family, being creative, and educating children and she passed on a lot of that to me. I still miss her every day but I'm thankful for the 22 years I did have with an amazing mom.
Day 11 - I'm thankful for my little sister, Korey. We've had a lot of memories growing up together: you're chubby pumpkin costume, getting bees stuck in your hair and mom attacking them with the broom, my wedding (you've known Doyle since you were 8 and taught him what it's like to have a sister), your birthday party at the mall, midnight Harry Potter. You've grown up into a smart, strong, hard-working, responsible, caring adult and one of my best friends. I love you!
Day 12 - I'm thankful for Life Church where my family can continue to learn and grow. I'm extra thankful for the women I got to spend time with last night and I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Day 13 - I'm thankful for my mini-van. I know everyone makes fun of them, but I always knew I wanted to drive one when I had kids. I love the space for people and stuff, the DVD player, and the safety!
Day 14 - I'm thankful for my little brother Miah. We used to fight so much we'd get sent to our rooms, but our doors were right beside each other so we'd play a board game together while in trouble! He was my biggest fan through high school sports. Now he's one of my best friends (and Doyle's too!). He's always there to listen to my problems or my joys or just bragging about my boys and I usually go to him for advice! I'm glad you live closer and I love you!
Day 15 - I'm thankful for my big brother Kelly. He's been my athletic mentor, rolling a ball to me since before I could sit up! He's great at educating kids, especially those others have trouble connecting with. I love all the creative games he came up with: frisbee golf using trees around the house and the stuffed animal wars. I love you and your family!!
Day 16 - My oldest brother Kris. I started preschool when he started college and told my parents I would *try* it for 1 year then I was going to college with Kris. I remember when I visited and got to play Wheel of Fortune on the computer, it was so cool! He has taught me to be myself, even (especially) when that makes me different from everyone else. Thanks, I love you and your family!
Day 17 - I'm considering taking back my day 1 statement after being up most of the night with Tucker cough, stridor and wheezing. However, instead I will say I'm thankful for nebulizers, albuterol, recliners, cold air, steam, and steroids. And knowing that my parents went through all this too!
Day 18 - I'm thankful for my in-laws, Phil, Christy, and Duane. They love me and my kids. Christy has helped fill part of the hole from my mom passing by always being a phone call away when I have some cooking emergency (which happens a lot!) and being a friend to talk to. The boys love Grandpa's farm and all the cool stuff there. And Uncle Duane has the same energy Daddy has to keep up with the boys! Thanks for everything, we love you all!
Day 19 - I'm thankful for my Cyclones and my Cubs. My Grandpa Avise was a HUGE ISU fan and my Dad has always loved the Cubs. They are usually the underdogs which makes it more fun when we win! I like being in the "minority" in Iowa, when you find other State fans you feel like you already know them. Great win last night Cyclones, amazing!
Day 20 - I'm thankful that I've never had to worry about a warm place to live or food to feed my family. I really can't imagine being in that kind of situation.
Day 21 - I'm thankful for all my other, extended family I haven't mentioned yet. I don't get to see all of you as much but I always enjoy the time I have with you. I have loved having a big family and all our crazy get-togethers!
Day 22 - I'm so thankful for pictures. I'm not great at taking them, but it's all about the memories they bring. I love scrapbooking even though I don't get to it very often. The books my mom made and having her writing and storys in them are something I'll treasure forever and I hope my kids will too!
Day 23 - I'm thankful for all my nieces and nephews. I have 9 and they are all such smart, unique, caring kids. I have loved watching you all grow up and getting to see what amazing people you are turning into!
Day 24 - I'm thankful for Black Friday shopping! I know lots of people don't like it. But, I've always had a great time hanging out and having fun with family and friends. I've shopped in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, IA, Greeley, CO, St Louis, MO, and Chicago, IL. I've never had a fight, people are almost always nice and I really enjoy the time with loved ones!
Day 25 - I'm thankful for sleep! Left the house last night at 8 got back at 8 this morning. We did *try* to sleep for a couple hours in the vehicle but we got everything we were looking for and had a bunch of fun and I've already napped twice today.
Day 26 - I'm thankful for the Holidays, all of them, including birthdays. I love the time spent with family, the meaningful traditions, the love that goes into every food, every decoration, every gift.
Day 27 - for teachers. School, Sunday school, story time, play and learn. Thankful that I have others who care about my kids and want to help them grow into great, loving, helpful, happy men.
Day 28 - again for my husband. We've been together almost 12 years now and I can't imagine one single moment without him. If I could do it again, I'd still choose you. Love you, Doyle!
Day 29 - Thankful again for my oldest son Tucker. He changed my life more and better than I could have imagined!
No comments:
Post a Comment