Again this week, Tucker wanted his own pregnancy picture. He made Daddy get one too! I guess now it's family pregnancy pictures!

The most upsetting news this week for me was the hospital restricting visitors because of the flu outbreak. They are not allowing anyone under 18 in and only 2 adult visitors at a time (this number would include Doyle). I must say that I knew this was a possiblity. I actually called a few weeks ago to check their policy and was told that they hadn't even discussed that and didn't think it would become an issue, but obviously, things change. I don't want to get into my big explanation of why I think this is over the top, only that I understand restricting visitors, and therefore germs, however, I don't think a blanket restriction on one age group is the best way to do this. We've been throught the flu already with Tucker and it was the worst thing we've ever been through. I still don't think this is the way to go. I then found out that they are not even allowing ANYONE in the waiting rooms. I asked then what are my options for seeing my 2 year old and the hospital staffer (with the unfortunate job of answering the phones) said there aren't any, until you check-out. I got off the phone quickly and completely lost it. I have never been away from Tucker for more than a few hours at a time and I was already worried about us being gone overnight. I'm not worried about him being taken care of. I am worried about him feeling abandoned and left out. Now, he's not going to see Mommy for 2-3 days and then I'm going to show up with a new baby to take part of my attention away. We also really wanted Tucker to be the first to meet his little brother. Because of this Doyle will be going home some during the stay to spend time with Tucker, so he's not completely without both of us. And that will take Doyle away from me and the baby, which we didn't want to do either. It also make it so if the grandparents want to see the baby together (like Phil and Christy), Doyle can't be in there too because of the 2 adult rule. I am sure this will get easier as I get more and more used to the idea, but right now I am beyond upset. I am frustrated and angry and dissapointed. And my emotions are all over the place anyway because of being pregnant and my "baby" turning 2! Hopefully time will go quickly since we'll be so busy with a new baby and Tucker will enjoy the time to be spoiled and I'll be able to enjoy our new son and getting to know him.
No comments:
Post a Comment