Saturday, August 29, 2009

Aunt Korey and her S'mores

Aunt Korey came over on a Friday to visit. We ate lunch at Panera and ran errands and played a lot. Then while Tucker was napping Korey wanted s'mores. I told her to go for it and start a fire in the fire pit. She was outside for a long time and nothing happened. I went out to help her and 2 matchbooks later, we had this fire going! We were so proud and ate s'mores together. The fire was back out after just a few marshmallows so we gave up and Korey headed home. We were leaving that night too and wanted to cut lettuce in the garden before we left. Doyle went into the backyard and yelled at me to come. There was the fire burning all the big logs with lots of flames! We thought our little fire had gone out, but no! Good think we went out to the backyard before we left for the weekend. Korey and I got a lecture from Doyle about always making sure your fire is out. I guess we're better fire builders than we thought!




No comments: