Monday, August 10, 2009

Potty Seat Prodigy

WARNING! POTTY TALK, NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!

In March Tucker started showing some interest in going potty and really didn't like a dirty diaper (he really never had any problem with it before). We decided to go ahead and get a potty seat to let him get used to it and make sure he wasn't afraid of it. The 2nd day we had it, he went pee in it!! We couldn't even believe it. We called Daddy at work and Tucker told him "potty". We worked really hard on not pushing him. I would ask him if he wanted to sit on the potty every time I changed his diaper and a few times a day he'd say yes. He peed on it about once a day for a week or so and then we'd had nothing for a long time until recently! We're still not pushing him and just letting him go when he wants (he's still really young to start potty training). He still hasn't gone poop in it yet, but I'm already planning a "Poop Party"! I think he's finally starting to understand it more because his first full sentence to me was "I go poop"! Sometimes, he will tell me right after he goes so we can get it changed right away, a great step in the right direction! I don't have any false hope that he will be fully trained when his brother gets here, but I think he's doing great already!



No comments: